Thursday, June 23, 2011

Barely internet

Today we woke up around 11 a.m. Rather than gettting up and being productive, we decided to watch Inception (Sierra hadn't seen it yet.) I made pancakes and coffee...breakfast and a movie :p
Around 1 we started cleaning our camp a bit more. After an hour or so we decided we needed to go to town and get some bug bombs. The Walmart that was 40 minutes away turned out to be a building that looked like Walmart, yet was a mattress store...damn GPS. And I just updated the maps before we left. We went into Dollar General, got the bug bombs and about 40 dollars worth of other things...A gallon of Sunny D was only a buck...tell me how you can pass that up? Everything was so cheap! We got rice and mac and cheese and everything else you can think of. We shouldn't have to grocery shop for another three weeks at least.
We drove back to camp and set the bug bombs off and then cleaned out the van. Friends of our neighbor showed up and we chatted with them for a while. Next we took a walk and we saw 35 or so deer. The bugs were as bad, if not worse, than the peak of black fly season in Maine. Loads and loads of bug spray weren't even holding the bugs off. Our neighbors showed up with ATV and gave us a lift...THANK GOD! It's okay, I repaid them with spending an hour and a half fixing their garage after it got ran into by the ATV. I didn't mind though!
Now it is 11pm our time and 12am your time and we are cooking dinner. All and all a good day. Leaving after breakfast tomorrow.


-Adam

5 comments:

  1. No bugs here in Maine. What are talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( You are not making me want to visit our new camp Adam. Maybe I will visit in the Winter! K Where to next? Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sierra and those deer. ;) She is the deer whisperer you know. Adam, make sure she gets me a baby deer to bring home that I can call my own. Thank you, good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now have my Mom following you...

    woohoo!

    This is soooo exciting....
    hope you can join us in Yellowstone....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! Hello mama Goulet! Visited the worlds largest truck stop yesterday... I will call or email you soon Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete