Saturday, June 25, 2011

Iowa

Yesterday started out as a bright sunny day and ended in an array of mysterious events that left me to
write the blog this morning…or rather afternoon, as opposed to last night.  

We woke up in the cabin, cleaned up, packed up, and awaited the arrival of our mail, which would signal the time for us to leave.  When the mail came at about 1:30pm, we waved goodbye to camp and hit the highway for Davenport Iowa.  As we were heading out of town we stopped to grab some ice and we repacked the cooler and then we ended up having to pull over, not too far out of town, to put something else in the cooler, and when I lifted my arm rest, I sprayed Adam and the van with the fire extinguisher… I'm serious.  So that was the start of the day.  

We drove on and reached Davenport and the Worlds largest truck stop around 6pm.  The truck stop was really cool.  We stared in awe as we read a sign that said; "3rd floor for Truck-drivers with a movie theatre, chiropractor, dentist, etc."  We couldn't believe it.  The we drove for another hour or so until we found a state park on lake Macbride in Iowa. It had been a long day, and so we decided to button up the van and call that home for the night…however the camp ranger came knocking around 10:30pm telling us otherwise.  So, Adam said he wasn't tired and drove two more hours well I slept in the back until we reached a Walmart in Waverly, Iowa.  

This morning we woke up, went to the bathroom, were in our seats ready to take off and the van decided (to our delight)  that she still wanted to sleep… For more on this topic, read tonights blog!

-Sierra

Some pics while waiting for the mail:





The mail we waited for :) Will keep us safe on the trip, plus I 
I can spray my "friend" Brett in the face when I get back.

Very very sneaky...

3 comments:

  1. I am soooooooo happy that you took my advice and got you some pepper spray!!! Laughing so hard at the pics!!! Brilliant:) Where did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett said......"I'll be waiting for the pepper spray with open eyes!"
    thank-x for that.

    ReplyDelete